Monday, November 23, 2009

Staying Motivated

After my post yesterday about living with long-term obstacles to running, I was delighted to find a really great post on RunnerDude's blog about staying motivated when you have injuries.  He lists 10 really good ideas to help get through down times.  Some of them I have used successfully but never thought to put in my post, such as using the time to fine-tune my nutrition and engaging the running community online.  My favorite one on the list, however, was to study up on running, and he lists a few books worth looking into.  Inspired by RunnerDude's post, I looked into some books myself and I found a free book online called Running Fast and Injury Free by Gordon Pirie, who was a champion runner.  The book can be downloaded here.  The fact that it's free is a great motivator for me right now, so I plan to check it out and report what I find.

Check out RunnerDude's post for some really good tips: http://ncrunnerdude.blogspot.com/2009/11/get-up-and-brush-yourself-off.html

No comments: